Detroit Business Certification
Thank you for your interest in certification.
Application Submissions On Hold
January 10 to January 24, 2022
Thank you for your interest in business certification with the City of Detroit.
Please be advised, we are updating our processes and systems.
During this time, no applications will be reviewed or processed.
Thank you for your patience as we work to serve you better.
You may still email [email protected] with any questions or concerns regarding the application process.
Before submitting your application, please be sure the following documents are completed and accurate:
- Notarized Affidavit of Applicant
- First page of the most recent federal tax return (previous 3 years required for Small Business Certification)
- Current Lease/ Deed
- Most recent City of Detroit Corporate Income Tax Form
- For Detroit HQ & Detroit Resident please include Business Rosters
- Minority and/or Women Based Enterprise Declaration
All Forms can be found under the Forms section of this page.
If forms are missing or inaccurate, your application will be denied. Forms that are found to be inaccurate will result in your certification being revoked. Certification fees are non-refundable.
If you have questions about the forms, please feel free to call us at (313) 224-2111.