Detroit Health Department
Continuing a legacy of public health for the well-being of all Detroiters.
Under the leadership of Chief Public Health Officer Denise Fair, MBA, MPH, FACHE and more than 200 public health experts, The Detroit Health Department prioritizes the health and safety of residents through education, communication, surveillance, and emergency preparedness. Year round, the Health Department works in partnership with key stakeholders including the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention to monitor communicable diseases in our community and provide up-to-date information to ensure residents are protected and informed. The mission of the Detroit Health Department is to build healthy communities where everyone has the opportunity to thrive.
For questions or more information contact
CORONAVIRUS COMMUNITY RESOURCES
- Pregnant Women
- Older Adults and people with serious chronic medical conditions
- Concert/ Event Goers
- Healthcare Providers
- 3 key steps NOW while awaiting COVID-19 test results
COVID-19 SAFETY TIPS
To ensure you and your family stay healthy and safe:
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick—and stay home when you are sick!
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and wash your hands
- Regularly disinfect commonly used objects and surfaces.
- If you or a loved one are feeling overwhelmed with sadness, depression or anxiety due to COVID-19, please call the Wayne County Mental Health Authority's 24/7 Help Line at 800-241-4949.
- Glove use during COVID-19 (new)
LATEST COVID-19 NEWS AND UPDATES
- City of Detroit Safely Opens Recreation Centers to Provide Relief From Heat and Protection against COVID-19
- Emergency Order Finding Imminent Danger to Public Health and Prohibiting Gathering of People
- CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) UPDATES
- ABBOTT VERIFICATION SUMMARY REPORT
- DETROIT'S COVID-19 SMALL BUSINESS PLAYBOOK
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR SPECIAL EVENTS