Detroit Business Opportunity Program
It is the goal if the Detroit Business Opportunity Program (DBOP), to increase & promote growth for Detroit’s business community through visibility, capacity building, & network expansion while assisting Detroit Businesses to be the driving force in Detroit’s economy.
Businesses are able to certify as:
- Detroit Based Business*
- Detroit Headquartered Business*
- Detroit Resident Business*
- Detroit Small Business*
- Detroit Based Micro Business*
- Detroit Start-Up
- Minority-Owned Business Enterprise
- Woman-Owned Business Enterprise
We offer the following benefits:
- Exclusive Member Appreciation Events
- Networking & Capacity Building Opportunities
- Equalization Credits
- Visibility on City of Detroit's Business Registry
*Equalization Credits Available
Documents needed to upload at the time of application submission:
- Income Tax Clearance form **
- Please complete and return the Income Tax Clearance form to [email protected] before you submit your application.
- Accounts Receivable Clearance form**
- Please complete and return the Accounts Receivable Clearance form to [email protected] before you submit your application.
- Withholding form**
- If you have not done business with the City of Detroit please complete the Withholding form and submit with the Income Tax Clearance form.
- Affidavit of Applicant-Please have signed and notarized
- MBE/WBE Declaration- Completed and signed, if applicable
- Business Roster-DHB applicants only
- Current Lease/Deed- This must show you will be located in the City of Detroit for the duration of your certification (1 year or more).
- Prior year tax return (2018, 1st page only) - if applying for DSB please provide the last 3 years.
- If applying for DRB, please provide W2 statements OR most recent paystub for employees are reside in the city of Detroit.
**Please note that these forms are not processed by the Civil Rights, Inclusion, & Opportunity Department. Please allow up to 2 weeks for the average processing time. When approved, the clearance forms will be emailed back to the email address you provided on the form. When you receive the approved clearances, please complete your Business Certification application.