Detroit Police Department is holding an Vehicle Auction @DPD Grand River 10750 Grand River, Detroit @ 10:00 am
Our job is to keep neighborhoods safe.
The Detroit Police Department and its 2,400 officers are responsible for policing Detroit’s 139 square miles. Through innovative crime fighting programs like Cease Fire, Project Green Light, and the Real Time Crime Center, Detroit has seen sustained reductions in nearly every category of crime.
Social Media Disclaimer
The Detroit Police Department’s (DPD) mission is to encourage thoughtful decision-making and a strong sense of community responsibility through education, equity empathy, professionalism, transparency, and policing standards properly informed by community input and civic leadership.
Our social media pages are intended to serve as a gateway for communication to maintain the relationship between Detroit’s diverse community and the Detroit Police Department. Courteous and respectful comments are encouraged.
The Detroit Police Department does not discriminate against commentators nor their views. However, we reserve the right to delete the following:
1) Comments that are derogatory or discriminatory of a constitutionally protected class, e.g. racist comments;
2) Comments that are violent, vulgar, harassing, obscene, profane, or hateful;
3) Suggestion or encouragement of illegal activity;
4) Threats or defamation of any person or organization;
5) Posts containing the personal identifying information of a third party
6) Copyrighted or trademarked images or graphics without the owner’s approval
Freedom of speech and expression is encouraged within our community guidelines. Please note that the opinions of followers/fans/writers on the DPD pages do not reflect the views of the department or the City of Detroit.