- Testing site moves indoors to Joseph Walker Williams Community Center
- Outdoor site at Fairgrounds became a national model of efficiency, conducting more than 55,000 tests over six months
- Scheduling number, 313-230-0505 will remain
- Village Park will be first new park for residents living near I-94 Industrial Park
- Also will serve as new playground for students of neighboring Holmes Elementary School
WHAT: The City of Detroit and Councilmember Scot
DETROIT, Mich., September 24, 2020: The Detroit Department of Transportation (DDOT) announces the public comment period for Fiscal Year 2021-2023 Title VI Program Plan in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Acts of 1964.
- City committed to cleaning 500 alleys by end of 2020; 29 alleys cleaned to date
- Paid positions available for city residents interested in performing alley cleanup duties
- City seeks to partner with registered block clubs on identif
- Funding from HUD, City of Detroit to go toward removing potential lead hazards from 455 homes over five years in the 48209 ZIP code
- Detroit one of only seven communities across the country to receive such funding
CULTURE SOURCE has announced the Creators of Culture 2020 Grants. It is a $150,000 fund to provide help for venues and artists in Southeast Michigan.
- DPW to install 4,500 humps in 2021, up from 1,200 this year
- Program began as a pilot in 2018 with only 32 speed humps and has grown annually
- Traffic calming devices to be prioritized where they can have the greatest impact on neig
City Councilmember Roy McCalister is partnering with Detroit ACE on an open call for an artist to paint a special mural honoring victims of COVID-19 who lived District 2, especially Captain Franklin D. Williams, Jr.
- Newly relocated clinic to serve a higher volume of patients
- Larger space features six newly-renovated examination rooms
- Staffing to increase from 10 to 15, including four nurses and two medical assistants
Welcome to the Contractor Connect! – a quarterly newsletter packed with important information for contractors about the Detroit Water and Sewerage Department (DWSD).