Keep Detroit beautiful by Participating in Detroit Beautification Day!
- Yard waste collection expected to begin week of April 27; extended through end of December
Due to the impact of COVID-19, the City of Detroit Department of Public Works announced today the overwhelmingly popular curbside yard waste collection pr
- City expects to distribute 20,000 masks as riders board
- Fleet of busses will have masks available starting Wednesday, April 8
- DDOT requests all riders wear mouth and noise covering for safety and to slow the spread of COVID-19
Beginning April 8, Detroit families will receive up to four days of additional meals to last through the weekend. City of Detroit offices including recreation centers are closed in observance of Good Friday on April 10. Meal service will resume on Monday, April 13.
City, Partners launch effort to feed employees on the front line of COVID-19 crisis and support Detroit restaurants
The Detroit Department of Transportation buses may need to pass passengers at bus stops if the bus is at maximum capacity to exercise safe social distancing. We appreciate your patience as we transition and monitor our frequent routes.
Passengers are asked to:
- Restaurants can sign up to participate today at feedthefrontlinesdetroit.com
- Meal delivery to hospitals, police precincts and fire houses to begin Wednesday
- City expects to distri
Due to the impact of COVID-19, the City of Detroit Department of Public Works announced the overwhelmingly popular curbside yard waste collection program has been pushed back and is expected to begin the week of April 27.
NOTICE OF CANCELLATION OF THE DETROIT CITY COUNCIL MEETINGS
Wayne County encourages residents with household hazardous waste to safety dispose of them during their waste collection event. Acceptable items include household cleaners, paints, cosmetics, fertilizer, antifreeze, motor oil, gasoline, batteries, electronics, and more!