City of Detroit offices scheduled to be closed Nov. 25 & 26 for Thanksgiving holiday
Municipal Parking Department
We make parking in Detroit’s retail districts convenient for you.
The Municipal Parking Department is responsible for the enforcement of the City of Detroit Parking Ordinances and provides safe and economical on and off-street parking. The department facilitates business growth by ensuring equal access to available parking and monitors turn-over parking for the City’s more than 2,200 metered spaces. The department also offers a technologically savvy parking app in addition to online parking services that result in an exceptional parking experience for all motorists.
Restaurant Carryout Zone Program
On March 16, Governor Whitmer restricted restaurant service to delivery and carry-out service only due to COVID-19. To assist restaurants out during this time, the City of Detroit has created a temporary program to provide Carryout Zones for restaurants. Any restaurant that requests an on-street Carryout Zone will be given one for no fee.
- The Restaurant Carryout Zone is intended to make it convenient for customers to pick-up orders from restaurants. It is the expectation that restaurants will take orders to the customer’s vehicle to reduce exposure to COVID-19
- To request a Restaurant Carryout Zone, all you need to do is provide basic information about your restaurant here
- Signage will be installed by the Department of Public Works within 48 to 72 hours of your request
- The program is 100% free to City of Detroit restaurateurs and does not require a permit, only a completed application
- This is a temporary program that will be evaluated over the upcoming weeks
FIND A LIST OF PARTICIPATING LOCATIONS HERE
For more information on this program, please contact Dayo Akinyemi, Department of Public Works Deputy Director, at 313.224.3901 or at [email protected].