Our community funding is based on Census count. Read more...
Detroit City Council Neighborhood and Community Services Standing Committee 5-21-2020
Governor Gretchen Whitmer’s “Stay Home, Stay Safe” Executive Order (EO 2020-42) went into effect on Thursday, April 9, 2020. Therefore, Detroit City Council will be meeting virtually using videoconferencing on Thursday, May 21, 2020 at 1:00 p.m. for the Neighborhood and Community Services Standing Committee. This action is being taken in accordance with Governor Whitmer's Executive Order 2020-48, which allows electronic meetings for legislative bodies. PLEASE NOTE: LINE ITEM #5 HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM THE CALENDAR - PROPOSED TOWING ORDINANCE.
The Standing Committee may be viewed in the following manner.
1. Watch via television
- Comcast: Channel 10
- ATT: From Channel 99, click Detroit, then Channel 10
2. Watch online by using https://detroitmi.gov/government/city-council and clicking on Channel 10.
3. To attend by phone only, call one of these numbers:
Enter Meeting ID: 330332554##
4. To attend online: https://cityofdetroit.zoom.us/j/330332554
To participate at the time of Public Comment, please raise your hand within the zoom application.
1. Telephone participants: Raise your hand by pressing *9
2. Web participants: Raise your hand by clicking raise hand in the application or pressing
a. Windows computer = [ALT] + [Y]
b. Apple computers = [OPTION] + [Y]
To be consistent with how Public Comment has been handled for in-person meetings:
- You will be called on in the order in which your hand is raised
- All time limits set by the meeting Chair will still be enforced
- Any hands raised after the Chair ends submission of public comments, will not be able to speak at the meeting
All interested persons are invited to be present and be heard as to their views. Persons making oral presentations are encouraged to submit written copies to the City Clerk’s Office [email protected] via e-mail, for the record.
If interpretation or translation services are needed call The Department of Civil Rights, Inclusion & Opportunity at 313-224-4950. (Please call at least 3 business days prior to the session.)