Closing Detroit’s Digital Divide
Federal Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) Program
What is the benefit?
- Up to $50 / month discount for internet service
- A one-time discount of up to $100 for a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet purchased through a participating internet provider
- The EBB is limited to one monthly service discount and one device discount per eligible household
- The EBB will last until federal funds run out
Who is eligible?
Detroit households are eligible if one member of the household:
- Qualifies for the Lifeline program, including those who are on Medicaid or receive SNAP benefits
- Approved for the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program
- Experienced a substantial loss of income since February 29, 2020, and the household had a total income in 2020 below $99,000 for single filers and $198,000 for joint filers
- Received a Federal Pell Grant in the current award year
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participaing internet service provider's existing low income or COVID-19 program
Where can I sign up?