Get involved in the 2020 Census:
If a contractor is pulling a sign permit they:
- Must be licensed with the State of Michigan and Registered with the City of Detroit as a sign erector
- Must provide three (3) copies of plans of work performed (approved by Zoning and Structural Division)
- Must obtain approval letter from the City of Detroit Department of Public Works, Street Maintenance and Traffic Engineering Sections
- Must obtain approval on the application by Plan Review Division (room 409)
- Must have application processed by Building Permit Counter (room 402)
- Must pay all applicable fees at the cashier's station, the same day, once the application has been processed.