Application opens on January 19th at 5pm. Apply Now.
The Victim’s Assistance Program (VAP) is designed to address the needs of individuals, families and communities affected by:
If you or someone you know has been sexually assaulted, help is available. The Victim’s Assistance Center provides FREE AND CONFIDENTIAL individual and group counseling.
Our services are completely free of charge and Our staff of Licensed Social Workers are bound by State of Michigan, Board of Social Work requirements for confidentiality.
Victim’s Assistance Center staff respond to sexual assaults reported to Detroit Police Sex Crimes and Detroit Receiving Hospital
Domestic Violence, also called “intimate partner abuse,” refers to physical, sexual, psychological and economic abuse or control that takes place within an intimate relationship, including marriage. DOMESTIC VIOLENCE IS A CRIME!
Individual and Group counseling and support is available.
• Learn how domestic violence affects children
• How to establish a safety plan
• How to identify Domestic Violence warning signs, and much more
The unlawful killing of one human by another, produces deep and bitter grief for the surviving loved ones or secondary victims.
Understand this, the Victim’s Assistance Center provides:
• Grief and Loss, Individual and Group, Counseling
• Community Debriefing/Response
• Assistance with Victim Compensation Claims
• Advocacy and Information
• Support during the Criminal Justice Process
Victims Assistance On-Line Resources
National sexual assault hotline (1-800-656-hope)