Responding to COVID-19
The Detroit Department of Transportation takes the COVID-19 situation very seriously. We are working with the City of Detroit, state and local public health officials and following the CDC’s guidance to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
Ride the Bus and Stay Safe
DDOT would like to remind all passengers of the following when riding a DDOT coach:
- Mask required. Wearing a face covering is mandated by federal law. When you cover properly, you protect everyone
- Fare collection has resumed. Appropriate fare is required to ride a DDOT vehicle.
- Avoid riding if you feel ill. Please do not ride the bus if you feel sick. Get well soon!
- Stay 6 feet apart. Remember to maintain social distancing from others while riding inside the bus.
Remember to use the hand sanitizer dispensers to clean your hands as you're boarding the coach.
For questions, comments or concerns customers are encouraged to call Customer Service at (313) 933-1300 Monday-Friday from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
What DDOT is doing to help reduce the spread of COVID-19
- March 17 - Bus service to resume at 3:00 AM, Wednesday after Mayor and DDOT unions agree to new sanitization and safety protocols
- March 18 - DDOT Detroit MetroLift & Reduced Fare Update
- March 18 - Detroit Department of Transportation Cashier Window Closed
- April 3 - $2 Rides available for Detroiters starting Monday for Fairgrounds testing
- April 7 - DDOT provides 20K surgical masks for riders to slow spread of COVID-19
- May 6 - Mayor Appoints C. Mikel Oglesby as City's Executive Director of Transit
- June 8 - DDOT June 8 Rider Alert
- June 11 - DDOT June 11 Rider Alert
- June 18 - DDOT COVID-19 Customer Survey
- July 14 - Rider Alert: DDOT Requires Passengers to Wear a Face Covering
- August 19 - Rider Alert: Bus Schedules
Plan your trip and track your ride with the Transit app. Note: The Transit app is a third-party tool to assist you with travel. It is not a means for exact bus time arrival information. For more information, visit Transit app FAQs.
Visit DDOT News for a listing of the latest rider alerts and service updates.
Subscribe to the City of Detroit Newsletter to opt-in to receive DDOT announcements.
DDOT public meetings and hearings will be conducted virtually until further notice. Please visit the events page for dates and times.
DDOT is monitoring the following COVID-19-specific resources, which provide important information and situation updates on the outbreak: