DDOT June 11 Rider Alert
The Detroit Department of Transportation has modified its fixed-route service to decrease overcrowding. DDOT has doubled frequency on the following routes Monday-Friday during the peak riding hours of 6 a.m. – 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. – 6 p.m. to provide service every 10-to-15 minutes:
- 3 - Grand River
- 4 - Woodward
- 6 – Gratiot
- 7 – Seven Mile
- 8 – Warren
- 10 – Greenfield; and every 25-minutes for the 16 – Dexter and 17 – Eight Mile.
Passengers can download the Transit app for trip planning and bus time arrival information.
To ensure the health and safety of our drivers and passengers, DDOT will continue to:
- Clean the bus at the beginning and end of the line each time the bus completes a trip;
- Provide free rides to prevent the need for passengers to use the fare box at the front of the bus;
- Allow entry and exit from the rear doors of the bus only with the exception of all ADA passengers;
- Prohibit seating immediately behind the driver;
- Provide drivers with masks, gloves and sanitary wipes; and
- Provide free surgical masks to passengers until supplies last.
DDOT will utilize its road supervision to monitor the ridership and redirect buses from less traveled routes to reduce crowding. For enhanced driver and passenger safety, DDOT has ordered new safety barriers for all buses. When installation is complete next year, all passenger seats will be reopened and fare collection will resume.