Find how the city is keeping businesses safe. Read more
DDOT’s paratransit services.
Detroit MetroLift is the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) mandatory paratransit service provided by the Detroit Department of Transportation. Service is based on an individual’s functional inability to independently board, ride, and or disembark from an accessible fixed-route bus.
DDOT’s ADA paratransit services, Detroit MetroLift and New Freedom fares are waived until further notice. Customers that use these services are to schedule trips by phone at (313) 208-7363. Detroit MetroLift is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week and New Freedom offers rides Monday through Saturday from 5 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Am I Eligible?
Eligibility is based on a person’s functional limitation, not a medical diagnosis. A person who has a specific impairment-related condition that prevents them from traveling to or from a boarding or disembarking location is also eligible for paratransit service.
How to Apply
There are several ways to apply.
2. Pick up and mail a completed form to DDOT’s Administrative Office at 100 Mack Ave. Detroit, MI 48201 Monday – Friday at 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Note: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, in-person pick of applications will resume until further notice. Applications must include the Professional Verification Form completed by a licensed professional and accompanied by a copy of valid identification, phone number, and address.
How to Schedule a Trip
Detroit MetroLift trips must be made 1 to 14 days in advance by calling Transdev at (313) 208-7363 Monday – Saturday between 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. Same-day trips are available.
Please provide the customer service representative the following information:
- Name and client ID number
- Your origin and destination address
- The time to reach your destination
- If you use a mobility aid (i.e., wheelchair, cane, walker) and if you request door-to-door assistance.
For questions or concerns about Detroit MetroLift services, please contact Transdev Customer Care at (313) 208-7363, select option 3 to be directed to a representative.
If you feel that you have been discriminated against because of your disability, please submit the ADA Complaint Form.
Click here to download and complete an ADA Complaint Form.
Complaints may be submitted to the DDOT ADA Coordinator as follows:
- By phone: (313) 833-3655
- By email: [email protected]
- By mail:
ATTN: ADA Coordinator, Compliance Division
Detroit Department of Transportation
100 Mack Ave.
Detroit, MI 48201