Rental Property Information
The Buildings, Safety Engineering, & Environmental Department (BSEED) is responsible for making sure that all rental properties in the city are properly registered, up to code, and have obtained a Certificate of Compliance
Follow the Rental Property Compliance Schedule Map below (click to enlarge image)
2. Schedule & pass a rental inspection with an approved City of Detroit 3rd party inspection company:
- SafeBuilt Inspection
- Detroit Inspection Group
- ETC (Environmental Testing Consulting Inc.)
3. Submit a Lead Inspection Risk Assessment & Lead Clearance to [email protected] & to your 3rd party inspection company.
4. Must be current on property taxes or have payments arranged with Wayne County Treasurer. Submit your DAH Clearance Certificate
5. All inspection fees & any blight violation judgments must be paid prior to the issuance of the Certificate of Compliance
6. Make sure you follow the renewal process to maintain your Registered Rental Property.