DWSD is Here to Help - Plumbing Assistance
Do you have a leaky pipe, a constantly running toilet, a collapsed sewer, or experience flooding on a regular basis? The Detroit Water and Sewerage Department (DWSD) is here to help with several local, state and federally-funded programs.
- If you recently experienced a leak in your home or business, you can file a request for a DWSD Leak Credit. Make sure repairs have been made before you file the request.
- If you are low income and have a leak or high water usage, you can receive a water audit and minor home plumbing repairs through the DWSD Lifeline Plan. Call 313-386-9727 to apply.
- If you live in or own an occupied house in one of 11 neighborhoods, you can apply for help to reduce sewer backups and flooding through the Basement Backup Protection Program.
- Learn about every day steps to reduce leaks and flooding through our Protect Pipes campaign, Water & Sewer Tips and Basement Backup and Flooding Handbook.
- American Water Resources offers a Water Service Line and Sewer Service Line Warranty Program for a small monthly fee to Detroit homeowners. Learn more here.