City begins $70M 2022 road improvement program to resurface 66 miles of major and residential streets
Street Paving and Resurfacing
Street paving and resurfacing consists of five main tasks:
- Removal of the old surface of the road;
- Performing base repairs as needed;
- Applying a leveling course;
- Adjusting structures (catch basins, manholes, etc.), fixing damaged curbs;
- Applying the wearing course (top course).
This process can take several weeks to complete with as much as two weeks between each task. Following the road work, sidewalks and curbs may be repaired. Only those sidewalks and curb that meet certain criteria will be replaced. To request that a street be evaluated for resurfacing, please contact DPW Street Maintenance (313) 224-0033.
2022 Street Paving and Resurfacing Program