City announces 2021 road improvement plans; installing 4,500 speed humps, resurfacing 65 miles of roads
Street Paving and Resurfacing
Street paving and resurfacing consists of five main tasks:
- Removal of the old surface of the road;
- Performing base repairs as needed;
- Applying a leveling course;
- Adjusting structures (catch basins, manholes, etc.), fixing damaged curbs;
- Applying the wearing course (top course).
This process can take several weeks to complete with as much as two weeks between each task. Following the road work, sidewalks and curbs may be repaired. Only those sidewalks and curb that meet certain criteria will be replaced. To request that a street be evaluated for resurfacing, please contact DPW Street Maintenance (313) 224-0033.
2021 Street Paving and Resurfacing Program
2021 Class C Residential Resurfacing
2021 Residential Resurfacing