Right of Entry

CONSULTANT shall continue to maintain, and shall cause its contractors, subcontractors, representatives, and agents (collectively, "User") to continue to maintain, at their sole expense, during the time this Right-of-Entry is in effect, the following separate insurance policies:

  • Commercial General Liability Insurance (Broad Form Comprehensive) written on an occurrence based coverage, with a minimum combined single limit of $1,000,000.00 for each occurrence of bodily injury and property damage, and $2,000,000.00 in the aggregate, with the general aggregate limit applying per location.
  • Automobile Liability Insurance covering all owned, hired, and non-owned vehicles with Michigan No-Fault Coverage plus residual liability coverage with a minimum combined single limit of $1,000,000.00 for each occurrence of bodily injury and property damage.
  • Workers Compensation Insurance for employees which meets Michigan's Statutory minimum requirements and Employer's Liability Insurance with the minimum limits of $500,000.00 for each disease, person, and accident.
  • Contractor Pollution Liability Insurance with minimum limits of $1,000,000.00 per occurrence,and $2,000,000.00 in the aggregate.

Said insurance policies shall name the User as the insured.  The City of Detroit shall be named as an additional insured on the certificate of insurance for commercial, general liability, automobile liability and pollution liability.  Each policy shall be accompanied by a commitment from the insurer that such policies shall not be canceled, modified, or coverage reduced without at least thirty (30) days prior notice to the City of Detroit. Certificates of Insurance evidencing such coverage and endorsements shall be submitted to the City of Detroit prior to the commencement of performance under this Right-of-Entry, and at least fifteen (15) days prior to the expiration dates of expiring policies. The certificate of insurance should be forwarded to:

City of Detroit Building, Safety Engineering, and Environment Department
2 Woodward Avenue, Suite 401
Detroit, Michigan 48226


ROE application materials should be submitted to [email protected] with the subject:  ROE Application - street address
Checks should be mailed or delivered in person to:
City of Detroit
BSEED-EA ATTN:  Mr. Paul Max
2 Woodward Avenue Suite 401
Detroit, MI  48226