Boiler Permit


Frequently asked questions about boiler permit

How do I request an inspector inquiry?

Contractors can request an inquiry with

the BSEED Boiler Division

The BSEED inspector / supervisor will review the facilities and repairs plans to ensure proper application of the code requirements.

What are the types of inspection and the basic requirements?

The Boiler Division performs two (2) types of inspections, and the basic requirements for each are listed below.

Annual: required for installations and high pressure repairs (internal and external), low pressure of more than 300 square feet (internal and external) and all equipment.
Biennial: required for pressure vessels that exceed 30 pounds per square inch (psi).

Please note: the basic requirements are not limited to the above information, since an inspector can identify additional requirements in the inspection report.