Russell Woods Nardin Park
The City of Detroit in conjunction with Lorcan O’ Herlihy Architects (LOHA) will develop a comprehensive neighborhood plan for Russell Woods and Nardin Park.
This neighborhood plan will recognize part of our framework strategy and protect a residential neighborhood within Russell Woods/ Nardin Park boundaries. The framework plan will highlight and protect the character of the neighborhoods future development.
The Neighborhood Framework Plan will:
- Create the potential to maintain historic distinctive character in neighborhoods
- Promote active pedestrian-friendly streets
- Support reuse of existing residential and commercial buildings
- Promote retention of affordable housing
- Establish a conservation overlay to enhance historic character
- Enhance and improve neighborhood open space
- Improve streetscape and access to transportation