Children's Special Health Care Services
Children’s Special Health Care Services (CSHCS) serves children, youth and some adults with special health care needs and supports their families. People 20 years of age or younger with a qualifying medical condition may be eligible for CSHCS. Persons 21 years and older with Cystic Fibrosis or certain blood disorders may also qualify for services. CSHCS can help you or your child get medical care and equipment. CSHCS provides care coordination, case management, referrals to community organizations and resources based on client need.
What Does Enrollment in CSHCS Offer?
- Helps pay for visits to specialists
- May help pay for specialized equipment such as wheelchairs when they relate to the CSHCS qualifying medical condition
- May help pay for medications when they relate to the CSHCS qualifying medical condition
- Coordination of services and assistance with finding community resources
- May assist with travel and lodging expenses relating to treatment and care for the CSHCS qualifying medical diagnosis
- May help to pay medical bills for a child who has recently died