Children's Special Health Care Services
Children’s Special Health Care Services (CSHCS) provides specialty services to children with special needs and their families. CSHCS ensures that all children with special needs receive:
- Coordinated and ongoing comprehensive care
- Case management
- Private and/or public insurance (Medicaid/Medicare)
- Early and continuous screening for special health care needs
- Vision and hearing screening
- Inpatient, emergency and outpatient hospital services, laboratory, X-rays and prescription drugs
- Durable medical equipment (DME), physical, speech and occupation therapy
- Inpatient and outpatient mental health services.
You are eligible for CSHCS if you are a Michigan resident and have children ages 0 - 21 years with a qualifying medical condition. CSHCS is open to families at all income levels.