Complete the 2020 Budget Priorities Survey to give your input! Start Survey
- Project Clean Slate is a City of Detroit program to help residents get their criminal records expunged to gain access to better job, housing, and education opportunities.
- When you visit a Project Clean Slate event, we help you to:
- Complete the expungement application process (if eligible)
- Provide you with an attorney that can help you through the process
- Connect you to Detroit at Work who has information about record friendly employers, job readiness, and workforce development opportunities.
- Program open to City of Detroit residents ONLY! Must provide proof of Detroit residency
- No more than 1 felony convictions
- No more than 2 misdemeanor convictions
- No traffic offenses, such as operating while intoxicated
- Must be at least five(5) years since date of conviction, release from incarceration or discharge of probation or parole.
Project Clean Slate is a program for residents of Detroit. If you are not a Detroit resident, please click on the link(s) below to receive information on how to obtain an expungement with the assistance of Michigan Legal Help:
- Detroit At Work is your connection to background-friendly job and training opportunities, such as logistics (CDL), Skilled Trades or Culinary Arts. Trained Career Advisors work with residents to develop the best career plan that matches their skillsets, interest and overall goals.