Our community funding is based on Census count. Read more...
Public Notice Coleman A. Young Municipal Center Exterior Improvement Projects Begin June 17th
This will be a very busy summer and fall for construction in and around the Center and we regret any inconvenience that will result from these activities. The goal is to create a more visitor-friendly environment for the employees and visitors whether you travel to the Center by automobile, bus, bike, scooter or on foot. Please note scheduled improvements below.
Beginning June 17, 2019, the Coleman A. Young Municipal Center (Center) will undergo a series of exterior improvement projects which will affect pedestrian traffic around the Center. The site improvement projects will be phased around the entire property and include:
- Closure of the Larned entrance to the Center for waterproofing upgrades that extend to the public sidewalk
- During the Larned Entrance closure, tenants and guests can enter the Center from the Jefferson and Woodward entrances. Theentrances at Randolph and the Skywalk will also remain open to employees only.
- The “horseshoe” driveway off Larned will become a pickup and drop off area for the public and employees allowing vehicles to avoid traffic on Larned
- An expanded public bicycle plaza featuring bike loops and benches will be installed
- Additional benches will be installed outside of the Larned entrance
Other 2019 Site Improvements Project Include:
While there will be considerable disruption to pedestrian flow in and around the Center, these improvements will greatly improve the comfort, safety, and security of our tenants and the 5,000 guests that visit daily. It is the Authority’s goal to minimize the inconvenience throughout the duration of these necessary projects. We appreciate everyone’s patience during these improvements.
- Removal of all brick pavers on each side of the Center to be replaced with new concrete
- Benches and bike loops installed at all entrances
- A new fence and gate system installed around the public official lot at the Randolph (east) end of the Center