Submit DWSD FOIA Request
The information you are seeking may already be publicly available. Before you submit a FOIA request to DWSD, see below:
- For Detroit Police Records, CLICK HERE
- For your account information, call DWSD at 313-267-8000
- For Board of Water Commissioners information, agendas, meeting minutes, etc., CLICK HERE
- For DWSD Customer Policies, CLICK HERE
- For general billing inquiries, email [email protected]
- For real-estate closings, email [email protected]
- For landlord-tenant questions, email [email protected]
Before you submit a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request, ensure it is for the Detroit Water and Sewerage Department (DWSD) and not another City department. If this is not a DWSD request, go here.
If you want to know limited account information – the last six months of water usage at the property, water status (on/off), the current month's balance, and if there is a delinquent balance owed – you do not need to submit a FOIA request. Simply call DWSD at 313-267-8000 and the Customer Care Specialist can provide you with this account information.
Use the button below to make your DWSD FOIA request online, or download, complete, and email/mail the PDF form listed further below. Within five business days of receiving your submission, DWSD will confirm we have your request.