DWSD Sewer System Upgrades
Updates on Detroit Water & Sewerage Department (DWSD) sewer system upgrades.
In June 2019, the Detroit Water and Sewerage Department (DWSD) launched a $500 million Capital Improvement Program (CIP) to begin to upgrade the water and sewer systems throughout the city of Detroit. This page provides residents and businesses the updates specific to the sewer system.
- Barton McFarland Sewer Upgrades (near completion)
- Charles H. Wright Academy Green Stormwater Infrastructure Project (start April 2021)
- Cornerstone Village Water and Sewer Upgrades
- Midtown and New Center Sewer Upgrades - Piety Hill, Virginia Park, New Center Commons, Brewster Homes, and Brewster Douglass (start April 2021)
- North Rosedale Park Water and Sewer Upgrades
- Oakman Boulevard Stormwater Improvement Project (substantially completed)
- Far West Detroit Stormwater Improvement Project (scheduled to start late Summer 2021, pending contractor approvals)