Reduce or eliminate your current year’s property tax obligation. Read more.
For Developers and Contractors
The City of Detroit allocates funds through the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development to strengthen public-private partnerships in order to achieve the following goals:
- Produce mixed-use, mixed-income multifamily housing developments in the city's neighborhoods through both new construction and adaptive reuse of existing structures.
- Preserve current affordable housing stock in both public and private sector control and thereby reduce loss of existing well-located affordable housing.
- Develop supportive housing for homeless families, individuals, and veterans.
- Produce infrastructure to support housing, including entitlement-eligible public improvements such as open space, landscaped areas, and related infrastructure near areas of concentrated housing.
- Create a reliable pipeline of these projects for future funding rounds.
Requests to the City of Detroit’s affordable housing funding programs should be made through the Affordable Housing Leverage Fund (AHLF) application process.
The January 2020 Notice of Funding Availability is published here. Please note the following key dates:
|January 9||NOFA published|
|January 13 - February 13||NOFA and 9% LIHTC review meetings|
|January 23||Pre-submission public meeting|
|February 14||Submission deadline|
|March 24||Letters of interest, 9% LIHTC support letters, PILOT letters issued|
|May 5||Commitment level documents due|
|July 7||Conditional award letters issued|
The first Notice of Funding Availability, released in partnership with the Local Initiatives Support Corporation, is closed. For reference, additional information and application materials are available HERE.