For Developers and Contractors
Notice of Funding Availability
The City of Detroit allocates funds through the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development to strengthen public-private partnerships in order to achieve the following goals:
- Produce mixed-use, mixed-income multifamily housing developments in the city's neighborhoods through both new construction and adaptive reuse of existing structures.
- Preserve current affordable housing stock in both public and private sector control and thereby reduce loss of existing well-located affordable housing.
- Develop supportive housing for homeless families, individuals, and veterans.
- Produce infrastructure to support housing, including entitlement-eligible public improvements such as open space, landscaped areas, and related infrastructure near areas of concentrated housing.
- Create a reliable pipeline of these projects for future funding rounds.
- Provide opportunities for and support development by first-time, small-scale, community-based organizations/entities.
July 2022 Affordable Housing Notice of Funding Availability - Application Deadline Extended to August 29, 2022
- NOFA and Application Package - Revised August 5, 2022
- Docusign Application Form
- HRD Pro Forma
- Affordable Housing NOFA Presentation - July 25, 2022
- NOFA Program Compliance Meeting Presentation - August 9, 2022
Special Projects Notice of Funding Availability (Open)
- Special Projects NOFA and Application Package
- Special Projects NOFA Presentation
- Special Projects NOFA Docusign Application Form
Prior Funding Rounds:
- January 2022 Notice of Funding Availability (closed)
- NOFA and Application Package - Revised on March 22, 2022
- Docusign Application Form - Updated on February 21, 2022
- NOFA Program Compliance Information Meeting Presentation - February 8, 2022
- Commitment Level Documents Submission Form
- Commitment Level Documents File Upload
- July 2021 Notice of Funding Availability (closed)
- September 2020 Notice of Funding Availability (closed)
- January 2020 Notice of Funding Availability (closed)
- 2019 Affordable Housing Leverage Fund Notice of Funding Availability (closed)
- 2019 HOME/CDBG Development Program Notice of Funding Availability (closed)
- Latest NOFA Award Applicants
- NOFA Frequently Asked Questions
- July 2019 NOFA (closed)
Current Development Opportunities Accepting Proposals
The City of Detroit’s Housing and Revitalization Department is seeking proposals from qualified organizations or individuals to develop and operate the building located at 1777 N Rademacher for Transitional Housing and/or Emergency Shelter. The desired team will have experience managing comparable programming that shelters vulnerable populations and provides a pathway to permanent housing. View the RFP and repairs report here.
The City of Detroit’s Housing and Revitalization Department (“HRD”) is seeking proposals from qualified emergency shelter operators to acquire and operate the property located in the Islandview neighborhood at 440 E Grand Blvd as a temporary emergency shelter. ESG-CV funds to be provided to RFP awardee in order to acquire the building located at 440 East Grand Blvd.
The intent of this Request for Proposals (“RFP”) is to retain an experienced and qualified emergency shelter provider that can operate a temporary emergency shelter at this location for households experiencing homelessness and are COVID 19 positive. This provider will need to ensure all the required amenities are available to individuals while staying at this site. This RFP is only for acquisition of this building and does not include any service funding. Agencies can apply for services funding through the Housing and Revitalization Homelessness Solutions Division.
Release Date: July 29, 2022
Pre-Submission Conference: August 5, 2022
Proposal Submission Deadline: August 26, 2022
Shortlist Interviews: September 2, 2022
Final Selection/Recommendation: September 9, 2022
Bid Openings for Single Family Home Repair Projects
HRD hosts weekly meetings about bid opportunities on Wednesdays at 10:30 am. These sessions are open to the public and will be recorded. Join using the information below:
Topic: HRD Single Family Bid Openings
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 983 1599 6526
One tap mobile
+12678310333,,98315996526# US (Philadelphia)
+13017158592,,98315996526# US (Germantown)
Dial by your location
+1 267 831 0333 US (Philadelphia)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 213 338 8477 US (Los Angeles)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
Meeting ID: 983 1599 6526
Find your local number: https://cityofdetroit.zoom.us/u/k7Npuwqln