For Developers and Contractors
Notice of Funding Availability
The City of Detroit allocates funds through the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development to strengthen public-private partnerships in order to achieve the following goals:
- Produce mixed-use, mixed-income multifamily housing developments in the city's neighborhoods through both new construction and adaptive reuse of existing structures.
- Preserve current affordable housing stock in both public and private sector control and thereby reduce loss of existing well-located affordable housing.
- Develop supportive housing for homeless families, individuals, and veterans.
- Produce infrastructure to support housing, including entitlement-eligible public improvements such as open space, landscaped areas, and related infrastructure near areas of concentrated housing.
- Create a reliable pipeline of these projects for future funding rounds.
- July 2021 Notice of Funding Availability Commitment Level Documents
- Commitment Level Documents File Upload
- HRD Pro Forma
- NOFA Resolution of Certificate of Authority
Special Projects Notice of Funding Availability (Open)
Prior Funding Rounds:
- July 2021 Notice of Funding Availability (closed)
- September 2020 Notice of Funding Availability (closed)
- January 2020 Notice of Funding Availability (closed)
- 2019 Affordable Housing Leverage Fund Notice of Funding Availability (closed)
- 2019 HOME/CDBG Development Program Notice of Funding Availability (closed)
- Latest NOFA Award Applicants
- NOFA Frequently Asked Questions
- July 2019 NOFA (closed)
Current Development Opportunities Accepting Proposals
The City is accepting proposals for a commercial building along the thriving East Warren commercial corridor at 16900 E Warren, where streetscape improvements are planned to start construction in spring of 2022. Marketing and broker contact information are available here.
The City and the Detroit Land Bank Authority are accepting proposals for 0.85 acres of vacant land at the corner of Piquette and Beaubien streets in Milwaukee Junction. Proposals are due Friday, January 14. Marketing and broker contact information are available here.
Bid Openings for Single Family Home Repair Projects
HRD hosts weekly meetings about bid opportunities on Wednesdays at 10:30 am. These sessions are open to the public and will be recorded. Join using the information below:
Topic: HRD Single Family Bid Openings
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 983 1599 6526
One tap mobile
+12678310333,,98315996526# US (Philadelphia)
+13017158592,,98315996526# US (Germantown)
Dial by your location
+1 267 831 0333 US (Philadelphia)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 213 338 8477 US (Los Angeles)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
Meeting ID: 983 1599 6526
Find your local number: https://cityofdetroit.zoom.us/u/k7Npuwqln