Resources for Community Members
Here are the resources needed for us to end the HIV epidemic.
This page is constantly updating, so we welcome you back anytime!
- PLWH: Person Living with HIV
- PrEP: Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis
- PEP: Post-Exposure Prophylaxis
- nPEP: Non-Occupational Post-Exposure Prophylaxis
- U=U: Undetectable = Untransmittable
- LGBTQ+: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer
- Tx: Treatment
- ART: Antiretroviral Therapy
- Connects people living with HIV to medical and non-medical services.
- Link-Up is FREE, confidential, and voluntary.
- They assist individuals living with HIV in Metro Detroit who are not currently accessing HIV care or feel that they need additional support to continue taking their HIV medication.
- They provide each individual short-term, intensive support through referrals to existing community support programs and/or engagement with an HIV medical provider.
- To learn more, go to their website www.linkupdetroit.com/.
- Do you live outside Detroit? Find out more about HIV services available throughout Michigan at www.linkupmi.com/.
- To go to the calendar and list of partners participating in the mobile health initiative at Palmer Park, click here.
- The Pull Up Project’s mission is to provide non-traditional access to HIV/STI services through a status neutral approach to meet the unique needs of the community.
- The Pull Up Project will provide a status-neutral approach to HIV prevention and care services including:
- gender-affirming care
- supportive services
- mental health
- substance use treatment referrals
- case management services for LGBTQ+ persons
- Their vision is to modernize the approach to HIV/STI Prevention in ways that would remove barriers that hinder the response to immediate care and expand the health and wellness of the community.
- Services provided:
- HIV testing, with same day results
- STI testing
- Safe sex supplies (condoms, lube, etc.)
- Community outreach
- Harm Reduction
- SSP (Syringe Services Program)
- Wellness Screenings
Housing resources database available at chagdetroit.org/housing-resources