File A Complaint

If you would like to file an Environmental Health Complaint about a regulated business please call (313)  876-4715, or submit a complaint on this form: Health Department Complaint and inquiry form

Note: for complaints about rental properties, dangerous buildings, or other complaints regarding building safety or property maintenance please contact the Detroit Building Safety Engineering and Environment Department (BSEED) at


Grocery stores, gas stations, convenience stores, etc.

For general complaints regarding a grocery store, convenience store, party store, gas station, or processing facility, please contact the Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development (MDARD).