The Detroit Department of Transportation (DDOT) is reimagining public mobility and needs your help in shaping the future of transit for our city. DDOT Reimagined will be a plan to rethink the fixed route bus network, improve operations, and create new mobility options.
We want to know where you want to see improvements, and which type of improvements matter to you the most. Share your thoughts about the DDOT bus network now and how we can make it better.
Share Your Opinion
DDOT has identified several ways for you to share your opinion.
- We will host interactive and engaging in-person and virtual meetings across Detroit.
- We have developed a quick survey for DDOT’s current, past, and future riders.
The first round of meetings are listening sessions to hear what is and is not working with DDOT. We will return in the late summer to share our recommendations for a reimagined DDOT
We are dedicated to making meaningful changes but need to hear from you first. Let’s work together to define a new 21st century transit network designed for today’s Detroiters.
Please tell family, friends, or coworkers about the DDOT Reimagined project and encourage them to take our survey and attend a public meeting.
Check this page for future project updates and follow DDOT on social media @RideDDOT for more information.
Here’s How You Can Get Involved
Take Our Public Survey
Attend an Interactive Meeting
We are hosting in-person Transit Talks in each district and three citywide meetings (two in-person and one virtual). These meetings are an opportunity for you to learn more about the project, speak with DDOT staff, and share your thoughts and ideas for transit and mobility improvements in your neighborhood and across the City. Paper versions of the public survey will be available at all project meetings and events.
District Transit Talks
- District 1 – Thursday, July 20, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m., Redford Public Library, 21200 Grand River Ave, Detroit, MI 48219
- District 2 – Wednesday, June 22, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m., Tindal Activity Center, 10301 W Seven Mile Rd, Detroit, MI 48221
- District 3 – Tuesday, July 12, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m., The Matrix Center, 13560 E McNichols Rd, Detroit, MI 48205
- District 4 – Tuesday, June 14, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m., Samaritan Center, 5555 Conner St, Detroit, MI 48213
- District 5 - Tuesday, June 28, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m., St Matthew's & St Joseph's Episcopal Church, 8850 Woodward Ave, Detroit, MI 48202
- District 6 - Tuesday, June 21, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m., Kemery Recreation Center, 2260 S Fort St, Detroit, MI 48217
- District 7 - Wednesday, June 15, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m., The Detroit Association of Black Organizations (DABO), 12048 Grand River Ave, Detroit, MI 48204
Citywide Public Meetings
- Virtual – Monday, June 13, 5 p.m. Detroit Department of Neighborhoods All-City Districts Virtual Meeting
- Virtual – Thursday, June 16th, 5:00 – 6:30 p.m. Virtual (Monthly DDOT Community Input Meeting) Click here for Zoom and call-in information.
- Wednesday, June 29, 4:30-7:30 p.m., Considine Little Rock Family Life Center, 8904 Woodward Avenue, Detroit, MI 48202
- Thursday, July 14, 4:30-7:30 p.m., Crowell Community Center, 16630 Lasher Rd, Detroit, MI 48219
We are popping up across the city to provide information and listen to your feedback. Representatives will be at events, open spaces, and other areas of the city. Notifications for Pop up sessions will be posted on all of our social media channels.