The Detroit Department of Transportation (DDOT) is reimagining public mobility and needs your help in shaping the future of transit for our city. DDOT Reimagined is a plan to rethink the fixed route bus network, improve operations, and create new mobility options.
DDOT Reimagined is a bold new vision for public mobility in Detroit and we are excited to share it with you. It is a three-part plan to be implemented in the coming years and includes:
• A Service Plan that connects people with opportunities 24/7, allows for travel at the customer’s convenience and builds a new generation of Detroit transit riders.
• A Capital Plan for zero-emission on buses (ZEBs), enhanced corridors, mobility hubs, bus shelters, and other amenities.
• An Operating Plan that meets customer expectations and provides a positive workplace delivering world-class bus transit every day.
DDOT Reimagined Document Links:
Rosa Parks Transit Center outside event was held Friday, July 14, 1-4 p.m.
Events held at Wayne County Community Colleges Campuses:
Wednesday, June 21 - Downtown
Monday, June 26 - Northwest
Tuesday, June 27 - Eastern
DDOT Reimagined Open House held Saturday, June 10 at Rosa Parks Transit Center. Participants had the opportunity to provide feedback and talk with staff about the overall draft plan.
DDOT's Executive Director of Transit, Mikel Oglesby, spoke at the Department of Neighborhood's virtual meeting, on June 5 about DDOT Reimagined.
DDOT'S Mobile Outreach Bus Schedule *
At all the following events, the public had the opportunity to come on the bus and learn all about our plan and provide feedback.
Van Dyke & Eight Mile Thursday, May 11, 2023 2:00 - 5:00 p.m.
Fairlane Transit Center Friday, May 12, 2023 2:00 - 5:00 p.m.
Woodward & Manchester Monday, May 15, 2023 2:00 - 5:00 p.m.
Grand River & Greenfield Friday, May 19, 2023 2:00 - 5:00 p.m.
Grand River/Grand/Dexter Saturday, May 20, 2023 1:00 - 4:00 p.m.
Old Redford Meijer Transit Center Monday, May 22, 2023 2:00 - 5:00 p.m.
Northland Greenfield Friday, June 2, 2023 2:00 - 5:00 p.m.
Woodward & Seven Mile Monday, June 5, 2023 2:00 - 5:00 p.m.
State Fair Transit Center Friday, June 9, 2023 2:00 - 5:00 p.m.
Rosa Parks Transit Center Saturday, June 10, 2023 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. -
Mack & Moross Monday, June 12, 2023 2:00 - 5:00 p.m.
Plymouth &Greenfield Friday, June 16, 2023 2:00 - 5:00 p.m.
Old Redford Meijer Transit Center Saturday, June 17, 2023 1:00 - 4:00 p.m.
Phase 2 Outreach (Completed Summer 2023)
DDOT held pop-up events and meetings this spring to share the Draft Plan in person. The DDOT Reimagined bus visited several stops throughout the city. Participants got a chance to board the bus to learn about our plan.
Feedback on the draft plan was collected throughout the month of June.
Phase 1 Outreach (Completed Summer 2022)
DDOT identified several ways for the public to share their opinion.
- We hosted interactive and engaging in-person and virtual meetings across Detroit.
- We developed a quick survey for DDOT’s current, past, and future riders.
Listening sessions were held during the first round of meetings to hear what is and is not working with DDOT. We are now working to develop a draft plan, using the input we received from the public, stakeholders, mobility advocates, elected officials, bus operators, and others.
We are dedicated to making meaningful changes but need to hear from you first. Let’s work together to define a new 21st-century transit network designed for today’s Detroiters.
Check this page for future project updates and follow DDOT on social media @RideDDOT for more information.
We hosted in-person Transit Talks in each district and three citywide meetings (two in-person and one virtual). These meetings were an opportunity for you to learn more about the project, speak with DDOT staff, and share your thoughts and ideas for transit and mobility improvements in your neighborhood and across the City. Paper versions of the public survey were available at all project meetings and events.
District Transit Talks Completed
- District 1 – Wednesday, July 20, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m., Redford Public Library, 21200 Grand River Ave, Detroit, MI 48219
- District 2 – Wednesday, June 22, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m., Tindal Activity Center, 10301 W Seven Mile Rd, Detroit, MI 48221
- District 3 – Tuesday, July 12, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m., The Matrix Center, 13560 E McNichols Rd, Detroit, MI 48205
- District 4 – Tuesday, June 14, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m., Samaritan Center, 5555 Conner St, Detroit, MI 48213
- District 5 - Tuesday, June 28, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m., St Matthew's & St Joseph's Episcopal Church, 8850 Woodward Ave, Detroit, MI 48202
- District 6 - Tuesday, June 21, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m., Kemery Recreation Center, 2260 S Fort St, Detroit, MI 48217
- District 7 - Wednesday, June 15, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m., The Detroit Association of Black Organizations (DABO), 12048 Grand River Ave, Detroit, MI 48204
Citywide Public Meetings Completed
- Virtual – Monday, June 13, 5 p.m. Detroit Department of Neighborhoods All-City Districts Virtual Meeting
- Virtual – Thursday, June 16th, 5:00 – 6:30 p.m. Virtual (Monthly DDOT Community Input Meeting) Click here for Zoom and call-in information.
- Wednesday, June 29, 4:30-7:30 p.m., Considine Little Rock Family Life Center, 8904 Woodward Avenue, Detroit, MI 48202
- Thursday, July 14, 4:30-7:30 p.m., Crowell Community Center, 16630 Lasher Rd, Detroit, MI 48219
Pop-Up Sessions Completed
DDOT took part in several pop-up sessions across the city to provide information and listen to your feedback. Representatives were at events, open spaces, and other areas of the city. More are planned as we move to the next phase of the plan in 2023.