Oversize / Overweight Load Move
How to Obtain a City Engineering Oversize / Overweight Load Move Permit
- Include your traffic route, dimensions of your load, vehicle VIN/Plate information, company name and address, email address, phone number, etc. when you submit your application.
HEAVY HAULING/Class B Fees:
- 1-WAY: $200
- 2-WAY [ROUND TRIP]: $400
- VEHICLE REGISTRATION: $20 Per Vehicle
Uniform Surety Bond
The contractor will need to obtain a $ 1,500.00 Uniform Surety Bond from their insurance company.
- The occupation is "Hauler of Extraordinary Loads" (line 5).
- The Building Code is “Chapter 46, 2019 Detroit City Code” (line 6).
Please have your insurance company fill out the Uniform Surety Bond Application.
- The expiration date on the Bond should expire on December 31st(line 8).
After the form has been filled out (including lines 9 thru 20), please submit your Uniform Surety Bond and ‘Power of Attorney’ through the link below:
You can submit your Uniform Surety Bond Application through the link below:
[Select 642-option on the form.]