The Airport Department continues to evolve during economically challenging times by bringing costs in line with revenue and improving services. The emerging strategy is to accelerate the growth of Detroit as a commercial and industrial transportation center and maximize the Coleman A. Young Airport’s economic benefit to our community and region.
- Enhance the Airport’s image as a premier gateway to Metropolitan Detroit.
- Provide a safe and secure operating environment for our customers.
- Eliminate subsidization of Coleman A. Young Airport by the General Fund.
- Promote community development.
- Increase local youth exposure to the aviation industry and potential career opportunities.