The City is improving infrastructure to provide better quality services to people who live, work, play, visit, and go to school in the City of Detroit.
Over the next several years, many miles of roadway, water mains, sewer collection pipes, and gas mains will be replaced as agencies make upgrades. The city is coordinating this work as to maximize investment and minimize disruption to residents.
Types of Construction Projects:
- Park Improvements (Coming soon)
- Road Resurfacing
- Water & Sewer Upgrades
- DTE Gas Main Upgrades
- DTE Electric Tree Trimming
What to Expect:
- For many projects, you can expect to see:
- Disrupted streets, sidewalks, yards
- Dust and noise during typical working hours (7a – 7p)
- City and contractor vehicles, large trucks, and heavy equipment
- Temporary parking relocations
- Temporary/partial street & sidewalk closures
- Temporary service disruptions, with advanced notice from your utility