DWSD Permits FAQ

I got a stop work notice and need a DWSD permit. What now?

Your plumber must stop work, obtain a DWSD Permit, and schedule a DWSD inspection before resuming work under inspection by a DWSD inspector.

I have a permit that starts with PLM. Is that enough?

No. This is a BSEED Plumbing Department permit, and a DWSD Permit is still required to be obtained.

What is a right-of-way or ROW?

Right-of-way is the area outside of the private property. It typically includes alleys, sidewalks, roads, and the area in between the sidewalk and road.

I did not submit all my materials. Why is my permit taking longer?

A permit cannot be issued before the necessary materials are received. Missing information in the submittal will delay permit issues.