Documents needed for assistance

Tenant Documents Needed
  • Completed CERA Tenant application
  • Copy of past-due rent notice, a notice to quit, or a court-ordered summons, complaint or judgment
  • Copy of state ID or passport for the tenant applicant (with proof of residency if the address does not match the unit)
  • Most current copy of lease agreement in tenant's name (if a written lease was completed)
  • Provide all proof of earned and unearned income for household members that live at the property and that are over the age of 18
    • Household income/benefits (unemployment, SSI, etc.) for one month, OR
    • Copy of submitted 2020 IRS form 1040 (first two pages) OR
    • Food Assistance Program Notice of Case Action form (only applicable for households with 3 or less people)
  • Copy of ALL utility statements the tenant is responsible for, if applicable
  • Copy of Internet bill/statement, if applicable
Landlord Documents Needed
  • Completed CERA Landlord Application
  • Copy of the lease (if a written lease was completed)
  • Ledger showing tenant's payment history in 2020 and 2021
  • W-9
  • Verification of court costs, if applicable