Our community funding is based on Census count. Read more...
For More Information Visit:
The Detroit Health Department Environmental Health and Safety Program exists to protect the public from conditions in the environment that may cause harm to our health. Environmental Health and Safety (EHS):
- Responds to Detroit residents concerns and complaints
- Inspects public swimming pools, child care and adult foster care facilities
- Verifies that all codes and regulations are being met
Environmental Health and Safety works with a variety of agencies and groups to improve environmental health in Detroit.
At the Detroit Health Department, Environmental Health works with Food Sanitation and the Office of Emergency and Public Health Preparedness.
Detroit Health Department, Environmental Health and Safety partners include:
- City of Detroit
- Buildings Safety Engineering and Environmental
- Public Works
- Water and Sewerage
- Wayne County Health Department's Air Quality Management Division
- Michigan Department of Health and Human Services
- Michigan Department of Environmental Quality
- Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs.
For more information, please call (313) 876-4715.