On July 12 Mayor Duggan addressed Detroiters about the importance of the Child Tax Credit.
American Rescue Plan Act
Mayor Mike Duggan outlined potential uses for the first $400 million the City of Detroit is receiving from the American Rescue Plan Act:
- Fighting Intergenerational Poverty
- Neighborhood Investment
- Parks & Recreation, and Cultural assets
- Public Safety
- Closing the Digital Divide
- Small Business support
- Mayor Duggan's Presentation
- Mayor Duggan's American Rescue Plan Act Presentation
- Mayors recommended ARPA budget Amendment Resolution
What is the American Rescue Plan Act?
The act, approved by the United States government, provides unprecedented funding to families and significant investments in key areas. It also provides significant resources for cities to meet COVID-related challenges.