Our community funding is based on Census count. Read more...
DWSD Construction Opportunities Business to Business Workshop
The Detroit Water and Sewerage Department (DWSD) is calling on prime contractors and sub-prime contractors to learn about 2021 contracting opportunities.
This workshop is an opportunity for prime contractors, sub-contractors, and construction-related business owners to hear, first-hand, from leaders of DWSD about projects scheduled for this construction season. The goal of the workshop is to engage more Detroit-based contractors and to encourage overall contractor participation.
Topics will include:
- Overview of the 2021 Construction Season
- Capital Improvement Project Updates
- How to do business with DWSD
- Civil Rights, Inclusion & Opportunity Program
- Technical Assistance
- Business to Business Networking
- Contractor Spotlights
- Palencia Mobley, P.E., Deputy Director and Chief Engineer, DWSD
- Monica Daniels, Finance Asset Manager, DWSD
- Kari Farina, Contract Analyst, DWSD
- Arielle Johnson, Deputy Director, City of Detroit Department of Civil Rights, Inclusion and Opportunity
- Michael Kelly, Director, Wayne State University Procurement Technical Assistance Center
Marygrove College, Madame Cadillac Hall, 8425 W. McNichols Rd., Detroit