You can pay your water bill and access your Detroit Water and Sewerage Department (DWSD) account on our Customer Portal.
On the portal you can:
- View your current bill and billing history;
- Make or schedule a payment;
- Enroll in auto-pay;
- Enter a payment arrangement; or
- See and track your water usage.
With an online account, you can use Amazon Alexa with the “Detroit Water” skill to ask Alexa about:
- Current and past bills;
- Balance and due date; and
- Current and past water usage, and even compare usage.
Don’t have an online account?
- If your name is on your DWSD bill you can register here.
- If your name is not on your DWSD bill, call Customer Service at 313-267-8000 or go here.
- Watch the videos below if you need further help.
Prefer to pay another way?
Visit one of the more than 50 no-fee kiosks in and around Detroit and use cash, check or debit/credit card to pay your bill. Find your nearby kiosk.
Call our automated pay-by-phone system at (313) 267-8000.
Send your payment by mail with check or money order payable to the “Board of Water Commissioners.”
Board of Water Commissioners
Detroit Water and Sewerage Department PO Box 554899
Detroit, MI 48255-4899