See the below PDFs of the project report, which include the following:
- Detailed building conditions assessments of 39 City-owned VSPs. Assessments include interior and exterior walkthroughs and detailed assessments of building envelope, structural systems, architectural characteristics, and historic significance.
- Reconnaissance-level conditions assessments of 24 DPSCD-owned VSPs. Assessments include interior and exterior walkthroughs, and assessments of building envelope and architectural characteristics.
- Current floor plans for all of the VSPs
- Building conditions summary reports for all VSPs, including descriptions of the overall condition of the structure, facade, and roof systems, and an overall Building Risk Index (BRI) score that based on the type, severity, and distribution of distress.
- Order-of-magnitude construction cost estimates for general building stabilization and rehabilitation (to a greybox state) for all VSPs.
- Neighborhood analysis for all VSPs, including mapping surrounding building stock, open space, land use, ownership, and key neighborhood assets.
- Market analysis for all VSPs, including demographic trends, economic trends, and key real estate market indicators.
- Redevelopment recommendations for all VSPs including for sites that are viable for reuse and for those deemed non-viable.
- Investment memos for highpotential City-owned VSPs, including schematic-level reuse scenarios, order-of-magnitude construction costs, and pro forma templates
The project website After School Detroit | Historic Vacant Schools is an easily-searchable online guide to the 39 VSPs that are owned by the City. Here, you will find information about each of these unique, historic sites, as well as resources and ideas about the future of these sites should you have an interest in their condition, history, and/or redevelopment potential.