Reduce or eliminate your current year’s property tax obligation. Read more.
City Business and Fiduciary Taxes
ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING 2017 BUSINESS, WITHHOLDING AND FIDUCIARY TAXES
Beginning January 2017, the Michigan Department of Treasury will administer the City of Detroit's Corporate, Partnership and Fiduciary (Estates & Trusts) income tax return processing and will collect and enforce Employer Withholding. This change will affect any taxpayer that is subject to these tax types.
Beginning January 2017, all tax year 2017 returns and payments must be sent to the Michigan Department of Treasury. DO NOT use prior year coupons to remit your 2017 Withholding to the Michigan Department of Treasury. See further instructions at the Michigan Treasury website.
All tax year 2016 Employer Withholding returns and payments must be sent to the City of Detroit, including the 2016 City of Detroit Income Tax Withheld Annual Reconciliation (Form DW-3). All tax year 2015 and prior year Corporate, Partnership and Fiduciary (Estates & Trusts) returns are filed with the City of Detroit. More information about
City Individual Taxes
ANNOUNCEMENT: INDIVIDUAL CITY OF DETROIT INCOME TAX RETURNS FOR TAX YEARS 2015 AND FUTURE YEARS MUST BE FILED WITH THE STATE OF MICHIGAN
- Your returns can now be e-filed
- Tax forms and instructions on how to pay your tax liability
- To speak directly to a Taxpayer Services Representative about your 2015 and future year tax returns call (517) 636-5829
- Forms are also available at the Coleman A. Young Municipal Center or at your local library
INDIVIDUAL RETURNS FOR TAX YEARS 2014 AND PRIOR YEARS ARE FILED WITH THE CITY OF DETROIT
- Prior year tax forms are also available at the Coleman A. Young Municipal Center
- For other information or questions, please call (313) 224-3315
City of Detroit
Finance Department /Income Tax Division
Coleman A. Young Municipal Center
2 Woodward Avenue, Suite 130
Detroit, MI 48226