Partner With Detroit
The City's current top priority is response to and recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic. Help support Detroit's COVID-19 response.
In partnership with foundations, corporate philanthropic leaders, and federal, state and local government agencies, the Office of Development and Grants works to build public and private partnerships to support City priorities.
What’s a “Priority”?
A priority is a clearly scoped project or program for which a department wishes to pursue additional funds or needs other outside resources for success. Departments can champion priorities for partners if they see the project as vitally important for Detroit’s success.
Priorities are validated by the head of the Department, and presented to the Mayor and Chief Financial Officer for review and approval prior to pursuit.
Mayor's Top 5 Priorities (as of April 14, 2020)
- COVID-19 Response and an Equitable Recovery. The City of Detroit is rapidly deploying resources to respond to COVID-19, and to be first out of the gate for a safe, strong, and equitable recovery. Please consider donating to support.
- Workforce. From Grow Detroit’s Young Talent to Detroit at Work, Mayor Duggan is committed to ensuring there are opportunities for everyone.
- Community Health Corps. Door-to-door engagement to connect residents and families with programs and services designated to bolster their opportunities for success.
- Housing Resource Centers. Connect residents facing housing instability with a holistic set of housing programs and services through trusted community organizations.
- Affordable Housing Leverage Fund. Detroit has pledged to “Do Development Differently” and catalyze investment without displacing current residents. Multifamily affordable housing is critical to our success.
Who are Our Partners?
Our partner list includes funders, fiscal sponsors, and organizations with projects that Departments have championed (as noted above).