Our community funding is based on Census count. Read more...
Fire Marshal Division
The mission of the Detroit Fire Department Fire Marshal Division is to provide the citizens and visitors of Detroit with the highest level of fire prevention using standards and guidelines set forth by the Michigan Building Code, City Ordinance and the NFPA for the purpose of fire prevention inspections, code enforcement, plan review, investigation and public education, all delivered with quality and outstanding customer service.
Fire Reports are available at:
Detroit Public Safety Headquarters
Detroit Fire Department
1301 Third Street - Suite 330
Detroit, Mi 48226
- A fire report may be obtained 24hrs. after a fire incident by calling Fire Marshal Budget Operations
- In order to obtain a fire report you must be able to show proof of residency or ownership or documentation from American Red Cross
- Fire reports can be picked up at the Fire Marshal Budget Operations Office suite 330
- Fire reports are free to the occupant of the dwelling
- 3rd party adjusters and non owners can also contact Fire Marshal Budget Operations for more info