Steps to Obtain a License
Review the steps below to start operating an adult-use or medical marijuana facility.
Before you apply for a license, you must complete the Buildings, Safety, Engineering and Environmental Department (BSEED) Zoning and Building Permit Process.
Once you receive the required zoning and permits you may complete the following steps.
Get prequalified by the State of Michigan by filling out the below application
- Apply for the Social Equity program if from disproportionate community
- Prequalification Application
- Social Equity Program Application
- All individual members/stakeholders/officers of the entity and the entity itself should submit an individual clearance application in addition to the business clearance for the corporation/LLC (if applicable)
- Please indicate that you are applying for a marijuana license in your application
- Apply Here
Once you have completed the above steps, you will be ready to move to the steps below
Checklists to assist applicants seeking a marijuana license are below.
- (Grower, Processor, Secured Transporter and Safety Compliance)
- Adult-Use Unlimited License Event Organizer Application Checklist
- Adult-Use Unlimited License Temporary Special Events Application Checklist
Once you have reviewed the process guides, application checklist and gathered the required documentation you can apply for a new license.
- Medical Marijuana License Application
- Unlimited License Renewal Application
- Limited License Renewal Application
- Adult-Use Unlimited License Application (Grower, Processor, Secured Transporter and Safety Compliance
- Adult-Use Event Organizer and Temporary Event License Application
- Adult-Use Limited License Application (Retail, Lounge, and Micro-Business)
Note: No mailed, faxed, or emailed applications will be accepted. Electronic applications only.