Get trained as an attorney or a volunteer for Project Clean Slate
Project Clean Slate FAQ
- Project Clean Slate is a City of Detroit Initiative to help residents get their criminal records expunged to assist in better job opportunities.
- At the Project Clean Slate Fair there will be resources available to help you:
- Prepare application for record expungement
- Get connected with an attorney that can help you through the process
- Find information about ex-offender jobs available
- Find information about Job Readiness programs and Workforce Development
- Program open to City of Detroit residents
- No more than one felony convictions
- No more than two misdemeanor convictions
- No traffic offenses, such as operating while intoxicated
- Must be at least five(5) years since date of conviction, release from incarceration or discharge of probation or parole.
- Any information or legal documentation you have regarding your offenses, discharged and program participation
- Detroit At Work, you connection to job and career, will be in attendance. They'll help connect you to background friendly job opportunities and training programs that lead to careers, such as CDL or construction/skilled trades.
- MSP/DPD - They will be on site to help answer questions about your record, and whether or not you can qualify for a record expungement today!
- Lawyers - There will be many lawyers on site to help answer questions about the expungement process, who qualifies, and if you qualify, they will helping to get the process started!
Project Clean Slate is an initiative that is not implemented by the City of Detroit alone, it is implemented by the many men and women who volunteer their time, talents, and experience at expungement fairs that allows Project Clean Slate to help Detroit residents get eligible criminal records expunged and connect residents to better job opportunities.
There are many roles for volunteers to fill at our expungement fairs. Roles include:
- Traffic Control
- Set Up
- Break Down
- Quality Control
- Documentation Collection
- Q&A (Attorneys Only)
If you are interested in volunteering, please complete the following form:
Once completed, you will be added to Project Clean Slate’s email list to receive information about upcoming volunteer opportunities.
If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected]