In 2017 the Wigle / Midtown West Development was deemed a Tier I project under the City of Detroit’s Community Benefit Ordinance (CBO).
Wigle: Midtown West
PDH Development Group, a partnership between Detroit-based developer Roderick Hardamon and New York-based developer Mario Procida, will transform 901 Selden (the former site of the Wigle Recreation Center) into a new mixed-use development and public space amenity. PDH will spend $77 million to bring more than 300 new residential units, 8000 square feet of retail space and a one acre of public open space. The development, known as Midtown West, will include 335 new residential units, comprised of 175 rental units and 160 for sale units. Thirty-five of the rental units will be affordable housing for residents making a maximum of 80 percent of the area median income.
Phase I will include construction of 8000 square feet of new rental space and 167 of the 335 proposed new residential units. Phase I also includes the construction of the one acre open space plan, the reopening of 4th Street from Selden to Brainard and the rebuilding of Tuscola from 3rd Street to the Lodge access road. Phase II will see the completion of the residential units and some commercial space.
The Annual Update Meeting was held on November 18th, 2019
Wigle: Midtown West Neighborhood Advisory Council
- Jenny Lee - Elected by Impact Area Residents
- Derrick Dykas - Elected by Impact Area Residents
- Shayla Griffin - Appointed by Council Member Raquel Castañeda-López
- Dave Dobbie - Appointed by At-Large Council Member Janeé Ayres
- Leslie Malcolmson - Appointed by Council President Brenda Jones
- Jesalyn Blount - Appointed by Planning & Development
- Lee Payne - Appointed by Planning & Development
- Samuel Merritt - Appointed by Planning & Development
- Francine Dorn - Appointed by Planning & Development
Annual Update Meetings
- Annual CBO Update Meeting: Monday, November 18th 6:00 – 8:00 PM at Cass Corridor Neighborhood Development Corporation, 3535 Cass Ave. Detroit, MI 48201
- Community Benefit Public Meeting #1: Tuesday, May 23 2017 at 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM at Detroit Delta Preparatory Academy, 3550 John C Lodge Freeway
- Community Benefit Public Meeting #2: Tuesday, June 6, 2017 at 5:30 PM at Jumbo's, 3736 3rd Avenue
- Community Benefit Public Meeting #3: Tuesday, July 11, 2017 at 6:00 PM at CCNDC, 3535 Cass Ave
- Community Benefit Public Meeting #4: Tuesday, December 12, 2017 at 6:00 PM at CCNDC, 3535 Cass Ave.
- Community Benefit Public Meeting #5: Tuesday, January 16, 2018 at 6:00 PM at CCNDC, 3535 Cass Ave.
- Community Benefit Public Meeting #6: Monday, February 19, 2018 at 6:00 PM at Allied Media Projects, 4126 3rd Ave
- Community Benefit Public Meeting #7: Monday, April 09, 2018 at 6:00 PM at CCNDC, 3535 Cass Ave