Reduce or eliminate your current year’s property tax obligation. Read more.
Recreation Center Policies:
- A valid membership is required to participate in all programs/activities. Please check with the Center for the days and times Membership Cards are issued.
- Children and teens must be engaged in staffed activities to remain at the Recreation Center. Wandering around, being in un-chaperoned areas, and loitering is forbidden.
- Respect for center property and staff is MANDATORY!
- For safety reasons remember that all gym activities for all ages require proper gym attire: gym short, shirt, and gym shoes. Please send a lock with your child to be used each day. Locks must be removed each day from the lockers.
- The City of Detroit, Department of Recreation is not responsible for any lost stolen or damaged items.
- Everyone must have a membership card to swim. Please be prepared to present it when you sign-in.
- Swim items needed: Swim suit or trunks with a lining, soap, towel, and a lock.
- Everyone must take a soap shower in the nude before entering the pool.
- SWIM ATTIRE MUST BE CARRIED INTO THE CENTER. Swimsuits cannot be worn under clothing (Health Department Rule). No cut-off swimsuits, body suits, halter tops, or gym shorts can be worn in the swimming pool.
- ALL POOL VISITORS MUST HAVE A LOCK FOR LOCKERS!
- Family Swim is for adults and children together. All children must be accompanied by an adult and all adults must bring children in order to participate.
- ALL POOL VISITORS MUST HAVE A LOCK FOR LOCKERS!
- NO glass in locker rooms.
- NO food or drink is allowed in the locker room.
- Locker rooms are gender specific, only children under the age of 3 are allowed in the locker room of the opposite sex. Children over the age of 3 are placed in the same sex locker room with adult supervision. If there is need for a special accommodation please contact the center supervisor.
- All items brought into the locker room must be stored in a locker during class.
- Do not leave anything unattended at any time in the locker rooms.
- Physical and verbal boundaries are to be respected. Personal space and words must reflect a level of respect that honors individual rights. Running, and standing on benches is not allowed.
- The City of Detroit Parks and Recreation Department is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged personal property.
- Lockers are to be used for legitimate purposes only.
- Please report the presence of suspicious individuals in the locker room to staff.
- For the privacy of everyone, use of cell phones or cameras of any kind is prohibited in the locker room.
- All lockers are the property of the City of Detroit Parks and Recreation Department.
- Caution: Wet floors in the locker room may be slippery.
- Please watch your step.
- Please report any facility problems and/or injuries to the staff immediately.
- The City of Detroit Parks and Recreation Department staff reserves the right to check lockers to resolve safety/security concerns.
- Everyone will be notified should this occur.
- You must remove all of your items in lockers/locker room when you leave the facility, if items are left they will be kept for two (2) weeks and then discarded.
- Personal locks may not be left on lockers overnight.
- The City of Detroit Parks and Recreation Department reserves the right to refuse locker room access to any individual who uses these services in a manner that is unsafe, unhealthy, or inappropriate.
City of Detroit residents may receive the resident membership rate by presenting two forms of identification to establish Detroit residency. Annual membership is valid for one year (January – December). Please present your membership card at the front desk each time you visit the facility. A $5 daily drop-in fee will be assess-ed when a membership card is not presented. Replacement cards may be purchased for $5. All guests must complete and sign a membership application. Participants 17 years and younger must have the membership application signed by a parent or legal guardian before being issued a membership card.
The Detroit Parks & Recreation Department is committed to keeping its membership fees lower than the industry standard. We will offer a full refund if requested the same day of paid membership otherwise no refund will be granted (one time courtesy).
The Detroit Parks & Recreation Department will offer a full refund if requested within three (3) days of signing up for a class(es) otherwise a 20% processing fee will apply. However, if class has begun no refund will be given but a full credit in the amount of the class/program/activity (less the number of class attended) will be given towards any other program or class within the same calendar year.
C. Facility/Field Reservations
- Reservations are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis and must be submitted 14 days prior to the start of event.
- To guarantee room(s) reservation full payment is due at time of approval.
- Organizations/Individuals may cancel event up to 3 days after payment and but prior to the date of the event to ensure a full refund. Cancellation after 3 days will be refunded according to the below refund scale:
# of days after payment
> 3 or <= 7
> 7 or <= 14
No refund issued
Refund may take up to 60 days and will be issued to the organization/individual name on the receipt.
Tentative Schedule---Be sure to check bulletin board, signs and outdoor display DAILY for changes.