Application opens on January 19th at 5pm. Apply Now.
These permits are available and have been updated as a part of our COVID-19 regulatory process
Please note that due to limited staff availability, permits from larger organizations and park partners will be prioritized and extended response times may be necessary.
- Review the City of Detroit Reopening Checklist
- Select the permit that is most appropriate for event type
- Develop event/program plan required for permit
- Submit permit and plan for City review
- Permitting Department reviews and routes to Health Department
- Health Department reviews and either:
- Signs off and returns to Permitting Department OR
- Flags plan for a 15-minute plan review teleconference
- Requestor updates plans and resubmits for Health Department sign off or rejection
- Permit approved within 21 days or rejected (if it’s rejected this is the last step)
- Deposit collected with approved permit
- Within 72 hours of the event, organizer provides Permitting Department with attendance list in order to receive deposit back