Delinquent Property Tax Information


2003 through 2012 Tax Years

As required by state law, on March 1, all delinquent City of Detroit real property taxes were transferred to the Wayne County Treasurer for collection.  If you would like to find out the status of your delinquent real property taxes with Wayne County, go to the Wayne County web page at or call the Wayne County Treasurer’s Office at (313) 224-5990 .

2002 & Prior Years Personal and Real Property Taxes
If you owe delinquent real and/or personal property taxes for the City of Detroit for tax years 2002 and prior, please contact the Revenue Collections Department:

By Phone: (313) 224-4179

In Person:
Revenue Collections Department
Coleman A. Young Municipal Center, room 130
Detroit, Michigan 48226

By Mail:
Treasury Division, City of Detroit
PO Box 33523, Detroit, Michigan 48232-5523.

Please make checks payable to Treasurer, City of Detroit.