Let’s Get Back, Detroit. Let’s Get Vaccinated!
- Immunocompromised Detroiters can get third vaccine shots at sites throughout city
- Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are available for third shots
The City of Detroit is expanding its efforts to provide more locations for immunocompromised Detroiters to get their third vaccine dose. TCF recently began offering the third shot and has given it to almost 2,000 Detroiters. All vaccination sites in Detroit now offer the third shot to immunocompromised individuals by either appointment or walk-ins.
Any Detroiter who is immunocompromised and received their second dose of Pfizer or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine at least 28 days prior is eligible for the third shot.
All eligible Detroiters can make an appointment to get vaccinated in their own home, including the third dose. To make an appointment for any of our vaccination sites, call 313-230-0505 or log onto Detroitmi.gov/Health to schedule an appointment online. Walk-ins are also available.
Walk-Ins Welcome. Schedule Appointment: Call 313 230-0505 M-F 9AM-6PM
- There is no cost for the vaccine.
- Pfizer vaccines offered for those 12-17 years old
- Walk-Ins welcomed at all City sites.
- Transportation and wheelchair-accessible accommodations are available if needed.
- Anyone needing a ride to get a COVID-19 vaccine shot will be able to get a free trip from the ride-sharing companies Lyft and Uber
- For adults 18+ Any form of ID is acceptable. Under 17 years of age will not need proof of identification.
- Parent or guardian must accompany children ages 12-17 to their appointment and must sign a consent form.
- Find locations by texting your address to (313) 217-3732
- Vaccines offered at pop-up events, pharmacies, and other areas in Detroit.
Still not sure? Get answers.
- Call our Nurses at the City of Detroit Health Department: 313-876-4000
- FAQs answered by Detroit Physicians.
Appointment and Walk-in Locations
The Pfizer vaccine will be available at all City of Detroit locations for walk-ins.
- 89 Steve Yzerman Drive
- Monday - Friday 9AM - 5PM
Northwest Activities Center
- 18100 Meyers
- Monday - Friday 9AM - 7PM
- 1130 Clark Ave.
- Monday-Friday, 2PM - 7PM
Clemente Rec Center
- 2631 Bagley
- Monday-Friday, 9AM - 1PM
Farwell Recreation Center
- 2711 E. Outer Drive
- Monday - Friday 9AM - 1PM
- 5555 Conner
- Monday - Friday 2PM - 7PM
Community Saturdays 9AM - 1PM (Appointment & Walk-In)
New Providence Baptist Church
- 18211 Plymouth Rd
Greater Emmanuel COGIC
- 19190 Schaefer Hwy
Galilee Baptist Church
- 5251 Outer Drive E
Sundays 9AM - 1PM (Appointment & Walk-In)
Triumph Church East Campus
- 2760 E. Grand Blvd.
Statistics and Information
- Detroit COVID-19 Vaccine Dashboard
- Statewide COVID-19 Vaccine Dashboard
- See more about vaccine distribution plans in Michigan.
- See COVID-19 vaccination information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Watch: Detroit Physicians Answer Questions at Telephone Town Hall
- If I am not sick and socially distancing, why should I get the vaccine?
- If I have already had Covid-19, do I still need to get the vaccine?
- Will transportation be provided for home-bound citizens?
- What are my rights as an employee when it comes to working in a safe and compliant environment?
- Do the City-run vaccination sites offer on-site staff for potential side-effects?