Dart, a way to pay and ride on DDOT and SMART fixed route buses and the QLINE streetcar.
What is Dart?
A way to pay and ride on DDOT and SMART fixed route buses and the QLINE streetcar.
- No more transfers or additional fees.
- Unlimited rides in any direction on both systems within the time limit on the pass.
- Passes are available in full or reduced fare.
- Each pass starts with the first use for the time allotted.
- Pay once and go with a pass or by using the Dart app.
Dart Regional Passes
All passes are available for purchase at DDOT and SMART transit centers, QLINE
Tech Center, select retail outlets, online or by mail at SMART.
Seniors (ages 65 and older), people with disabilities, and youth (ages 6-18) are
eligible for reduced fare. Accepted IDs for reduced fare include:
- DDOT/SMART Reduced Fare ID Card.
- DDOT Student ID Card/School ID.
- Valid State of Michigan ID or Driver License (for SMART only).
- Medicare Card.
Download the Dart App
One app, one payment, one pass.
- No need to use paper passes.
- No need to carry cash or exact change.
- Free to download.
Visit thedartapp.com for more information.
When You Board
The 31-Day Regional Dart Pass gives you access to ride DDOT and SMART buses and the QLINE streetcar. When boarding the bus, touch your pass on the TAP-to-PAY icon located on the farebox.
Say Before You Pay
When boarding the bus, tell the driver that you need a 4-, or 24-hour full or reduced Dart Pass.
How do you Dart?
Share your experience @paywithdart on Instagram!