Holiday Breakfast for children ages 12 and under
Heilmann Community Center
Amenities: Gymnasium,Weight Room,Multipurpose Room,Dance Room ....
Recreation Center Supervisor: Byron Spivey
- Weight Room
- Meeting Rooms
- Multipurpose Room
- Dance Room
- Game Room
- Locker Rooms
- Basketball Courts
- Football Field
- Walking Path
- Ample Parking
A valid membership required to participate in all programs/activities.
|60 & Over||Free*||$10|
*Free for ONE center of your choice. Additional centers require universal membership.
Non-member drop in fee—$5/day or residents and $7/day for non-residents
Additional fee for classes/programs/activities may apply. Individual class fees subject to change
Aquatics Class Fees
|Swim Lessons||$30 for Residents/5 weeks||$40 for Non-residents/5 weeks|
|Water Aerobics||$35 for Residents/5 weeks||$45 for Non-residents/5 weeks|
|Deep Water Aerobics||$35 for Residents/5 weeks||$45 for Non-residents/5 weeks|
|Parent/Tot Swim||$20 for Residents/5 weeks||$30 for Non-residents/5 weeks|
|Swim Team||$50 for Residents/Season||$60 for Non-residents/Season|
- Everyone must have a membership card to swim or pay center Daily Drop In fee.
- Swim items needed: Swim suit or trunks with a lining, soap, towel, and a lock
- Everyone must take a soap shower at the center before entering the pool. SWIM ATTIRE MUST BE CARRIED INTO THE CENTER. Swimsuits cannot be worn under clothing (Health Department Rule).
- No shorts, body suits, halter tops, or other non-swim attire can be worn in the swimming pool.
- Open Swim: All Ages
- Family Swim: Family is defined a parent / guardian and their children. The parent / guardian must get in the pool during family swim in order for the children to be able to swim.
- Lap Swim: Must be swimming consecutive laps to participate.
- Parents & Tots: For tots 6 months - 5 years. Tots MUST wear Little Swimmers & Parents must swim with Tots.
- ALL POOL VISITORS MUST HAVE A LOCK FOR LOCKERS! ALL LOCKS MUST BE REMOVED DAILY.
- Be sure to check bulletin board, signs and outdoor display DAILY for changes in schedules.
Children and teens must be engaged in staffed activities to remain at the Recreation Center. Wandering around, being in unchaperoned areas, and loitering is forbidden. Respect for center property and staff is MANDATORY!
For safety reasons remember that all gym activities for all ages require proper gym attire: gym short, shirt, and gym shoes. Please send a lock with your child to be used each day. Locks must be removed each day from the lockers. The City of Detroit, Detroit Parks & Recreation Department is not responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged items.